There is one thing I want you to know in life before I continue and that is you were not born a failure. Infact from the point of conception up till birth, you came out victorious.
One may be wondering, why all these failures all around. Let your heart not be troubled because there is a way out for you
I’m going to give you some prescriptions that will help transform you from an ordinary to extraordinary student. Carefully practice it for a change.
1. PRAY: Everything you want to achieve as a student is tied to the God who is the giver of wisdom and knowledge. Prayer is what gives you access and it loose whatever is not making you to understand. If you follow the other tips and skip this one aside, you will get ZERO result and that’s the truth.
2. READING: This is an entry to understanding what the topic is talking about. As as a student, you need two (2) weapons to defeat failure in any academic battle
a) Book- This is called your shield to block any question given to you by answering it correctly because you have read it before
b) Pen- This is your arrow that help you to pierce any question given to you by answering it correctly
3. UNDERSTANDING: Most students read but only few understand. Move from the level of reading to understanding because this is what will give you an edge when answering question. Cramming is one of the lowest style of acquiring knowledge. Understanding implies meditating and trying to know more in each lines. This is the level where the student becomes the teacher of himself/herself.
4. RESEARCH: Outstanding learners are people who go extra mile by making research. They don’t only depend on what the teacher have taught them in class. Let me ask you this question, have you been to the LIBRARY before or you find it very difficult to make it your habit. Secondly, the INTERNET is where student can get online teaching from different sources for more understanding. How do you make use of the online space to your advantage is up to you.
5. TUTORIAL GROUP: If you are a student at any level that is reading this article right now, learning alone will only limit your knowledge to some extent.
I remember during my undergraduate years, I formed a tutorial group of about 6 persons and we were teaching ourselves and asking series of questions and one of us will answer. By so doing we are learning collaboratively. If you are a student that finds it difficult to understand the teacher during class period, apply this ingredient by forming a tutorial group of serious people.
6. THANK YOUR PARENT/GUARDIAN: Have you ever appreciated your Parent/Guardian for giving you the right education you deserve. You must be able to do this from time to time. Honour them so that you can receive their blessings to succeed.
7. PLAY: They said all work and no play make Jack a dull boy but all play without work make Jack dullest boy. My advice for you is to PLAY ON PURPOSE
8. DECLARE THIS EVERYDAY:
I am Great
I am Blessed
I am not a failure
I am the best among the best
Share this tips to help millions of people to achieve their dreams. Thanks
Photo credit: www.dreamstime.com