TOP SECRET INGREDIENTS TO ACADEMIC SUCCESS
Why do student need to burn midnight candles, go to school everyday to acquire knowledge and at the end become useful to themselves and their society. Student are the future leaders and catalyst for development and as a result, they end up becoming productive in whatever they embark upon.
In fact, we must know this, if you are experiencing hard times in your academic performance, this article try to expose some top secret ingredients that will help to improve your performance and also put you on high.
Student have two special weapons for defeating school assessment
- Book (Shield)
- Pen (Spear)
Student fail to use these weapons above to defeat their enemies (Test and Exam).
- Read: Student must ensure to read their books to improve them mentally. They must also ensure that previous notes are copied and completed in time. Reading is the entrance into studying.
- Study: Most student read their note and end at that point. This is like looking yourself in the mirror and forgetting what you have seen. Studying is very crucial for academic excellence. When you study, you are trying to understand the concept of subject matter and what the topic is all about and also finding interpretations in your own words. It is like a ruminant animal that chew and chew again after it has swallowed the grasses. When you read, you must give meaning to whatever you have read.
- Making Research: it is not enough to study but you must also make research. Making research gives
the student more edge and advantage over the other student. There are two major sources for making research;
- Library: The reservoir where knowledge is stored. Student hardly go the library. The question is what is your relationship with you and the library?
- Internet: You can use your smart phones to make research from the net. Student underutilized the Internet by watching what will not improve their academic performance.
- Moment of assimilation: When to you understand what you have read the most. Some student can assimilate in the morning, some in the night. For me, I prefer reading at night because there is less distraction and silent night experience. It may not work for you but you have to understand your own Assimilation Time Zone (ATZ).
- Thank your Parent: Thanking your parent or guardian is never enough to appreciate them for what they have done. Because they are many that are not opportune to go to school. Thank them as often as possible.
- Praying to Almighty God: Even though you fulfill those steps above and you don’t put God who is the giver of wisdom and knowledge, you will amount to nothing. God must be involved to direct you into having good academic performance.
- Organising Tutorial group: There are two types of tutorial group;
- Exploitative group: This is a kind of tutorial group where only one person will be talking throughout the teaching and others will keep mute. There is shallow understanding of the topic.
- Collaborative group: This type of group share ideas and knowledge together and thereby increasing the rate of understanding in different perspectives. It leads to team building.
- 7. Sports and Games: There’s this saying that ‘All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy’. Students must engage themselves in sports and games for recreating and refreshing the brain from stress. The student should strike a balance between academics and sports because ‘ All play without work makes Jack dull boy’
- 8. Eat Good food: Student should watch the kind of food they eat. They must eat the right meal at the right time and it should be balanced diet to protect their body from sickness and diseases. Health is Wealth!!!